Thursday, May 27, 2004

Positively Somewhere

Positively Somewhere

I'm here going nowhere
And that's how I want it to stay
Nobody beside me
And I wouldn't want it any other way

I've tried to be someone
Somebody they want me to be
I'm back in my own skin now
And I wouldn't want it any other way

I'm positively somewhere
I'm absolutely right now
Here inside of me
I'm who I wanna be
It's a beautiful day
I'm falling down the freeway
Definately sunshine
The state of mind I'm in
Like the feeling when you win
It's a beautiful day

Too long I've been searching
For something that I'll never find
But that's all behind me now
And I wouldn't want it any other way
I wouldn't want it any other way

It's a beautiful day
(Beautiful day)
I wouldn't want it any other way
I wouldn't want it any other way

State of mind I'm in
Like the feeling when you win
It's a beautiful day


And this is the theme song of my life right now. Do you have a theme song in your life? I often do, at varying stages of my life. And ah, it is these exact songs I turn to when I feel down, or when I need some assurances in my own choices and life. To all those people who write lyrics … you rock!

How does one sum it all so nicely with a couple of words? Okay, maybe a couple of words is over exaggerating a little. But you have to agree that these songwriters capture the mood and feel of the emotions. It echoes our thoughts and feelings.

Hands up to those who know a certain love song that speaks of the heartache, or another which gives thanks to the joy of couple hood. There! Everyone will have their own songs in life, and probably different songs in different stages of life as well.

And right now, the theme song in my life as a bummer – Positively Somewhere by Mel C.

You know what; it is all in the mind.
It is a beautiful day.