Friday, May 28, 2004

The shopper lurks ...

The Great Singapore Sale is upon us again. Today's morning papers are accompanied by a thick sub-copy of all the fantastic deals and bargains that all those very merchants have arranged for us normal folks. Some of the advertisements screams 70% off. Oh my, and Polo Ralph is having their season sale; and so is Hugo; so what do you know, so is Sisley. My my my ... even the normal run of the mill G2000 is engaging in the action with 50% sale.

Gosh, they are just appearing as "BUY ME". Ohhhhhh..... just looking through all the advertisements make my heart sing bright and early in the morning. It's the "eyes-narrowed, brain churning look". Yes, I know, the shopper in me is just lurking around the corner and just waiting to burst out.

BUY BUY BUY...BEST DEAL OF THE YEAR!!

Pity LV does not do sale. Hmm ... I wonder if GUCCI is having a sale. Gotta check it out. Oppz...I still have some Robinson vouchers. Perhaps I can get more bang for those vouchers during the GSS huh.

Let's see, I do not need work attire anymore. But that means I need more casual clothes? Hmm, my mom will kill me if I trot home with more pants. Ahh, how about jeans? Hmm, should I be checking into deals for shoes? Sneakers are a nice addition. Love those Baileys and what they do with their feminine designs. How about a new casual bag? Have not purchased one for the longest of time. No, of coz I cannot use those that I used for work previously. Are you kidding me? Of course, I can always change my mobile. This current mobile is driving me nuts with its buttons. Nokia has this nice new model out. Hmm, that would mean additional dosh of $500+ assuming I trade in my current phone.

YICKS! Why didn't I think of that? How about a new wallet? Ah yes, to accommodate all those new credit cards. Haha, can you believe that my bank just sent my a new credit card, pre-approved blah blah blah for their valued customer. It just means they like the speed which I am swiping my cards. Speaking of credit cards, I just received today a notification from my bank that I am actually their privileged customer for some priority banking. And this is the best part, they are actually going to send me some platinum card. Gosh, I should tell my banker when he calls that I am actually UNEMPLOYED now. That ought to make his jaw drop and perhaps withdraw all offers and contact with me... haha! So much for priority banking. I do not need any platinum card, but it would be nice if they can just waive my annual fees for all my credit cards. I do spend aplenty on using those cards *thinking wistfully*, perhaps just a little too much.

Ahhh, that new mobile just looks so nice. 60% of me just wants to call up that shop and tell them to hold the phone for me. 40% of me is thinking in dollars and cents. Why do you want to spend $500 and get another new phone when you current one is quite fine except for its crankiness at times. Let thee count the ways. It is new; it has all those technology bells and whistles like bluetooth, camera etc (which by the way I would not really use); my Samsung now is still worth $200, so if I trade in now, it will only by $0.56 a day of use; whatever happened to emotional gratification of purchasing?!

Sigh.... just look at all the decisions that a lady has to make at times.

Heh, this is the irrational shopper in me who happens to be let out every year during the GSS period. So just bear with me, but as a certain male friend of mine would say "Dun use GSS as a reason. You are just a female shopper like any other on the streets. You just happen to camouflage her very well"

Hahah, if you please..whatever ..