Sunday, June 27, 2004

Glory of living

Sometimes when the rational side of me is dominant and adopt a slightly more pessimistic view of issues, I wondered if I would be bitter and disappointed should my dreams and expectations fail to live out. I wondered if I should feel cheated of the twists of chances and opportunities should my life take a turn for the worse. I wondered if I would be brimming full of regrets in my old age.

I have no idea what to make out of this notion, this gift given called Life.

And really, one of the main issue that I do grapple with everyday about Life is the understanding of "Courage" and "Fear".

How does one go about making Life glorious? How do you celebrate Life in the face of fear?

I have no answer. I am still wondering. But I came across this quote from Nelson Mandela. I am sure I would fully appreciate the meaning of his statement in my own personal capacity at the right time, sometime in the future.

"But if our expectations, if our fondest prayers and dreams are not realised, then we should bear in mind that the greatest glory of living lies not in never falling, but in rising everything you fall"

Nelson Mandela