Thursday, December 18, 2003

I'm quite quite terrible today.
Instead of working and being the useful ant in the society today, I went off from work "illegally" and came home to tweak with my homepage & went shopping with my sister.

Did I feel guilty? A little, but simply because I know I'm not supposed to do that. The guilt did not arise because I felt bad towards the company. If I had not done that, I would probably have spent the whole of the afternoon surfing the Net on company's broadband and listening to music instead. Not exactly a very good sign of attitude towards my work huh.

I'm not proud of such a happening.

Personally, that's not the kind of attitude I expect myself to have towards the work I do. But then again, I expect myself to choose something that I may potentially enjoy in my life, rather than whatever I am doing now.

Can I fight my own insecurities in life and leave this current job (which pays pretty well by society's standards) and go on a off-beaten track instead? The money may not be there, but at least I wouldn't spend the next half of my adulthood wondering "what-if I had...."