Sunday, May 30, 2004

Getting across the hurdles

Dear Journal,

I do not have a story or new thoughts to share now. But I figured that I have some time to waste and wanted to read some blogs of some other people. So I was happily clicking on those on the recently updated list of Blogger.

There was one with a very run-of-the-mill titled blog called “Tales from New York City”. Interesting. I love Manhattan, so I clicked on the link. I read through the entries. It was not a lot, but this is one intriguing blog. There is someone who has the same perspective towards life as me, but she puts it across much more eloquently, more precisely and much more intimately. Her writing is a talent.

Particularly, I like one of her entries. It discusses the overcoming of hurdles.


I leaped over one hurdle and under another... not too shabby! The one I went under was particularly interesting because it was a big hurdle that had been standing in my way for much too long. I kept trying to get over it, and each time fell flat on my face. Ouch. Needless to say, I finally figured out that it's not always necessary to take that leap of faith. Sometimes, not too often but every now and again, it's simply enough to back down and limbo your ass under the hurdle. If you can just keep your groove on, and not fall backward, you'll get through it and stand tall again in no time.

So I have learned that leaps of faith have their place, but they're nothing without a touch of good old fashioned humility to remind us of our endurance when a leap of faith is the only course. In the end, all that really matters is that we get beyond the hurdle, whatever "it" may be. There's another forming on down the road, and don't you want a chance to see it? I do! I love a good challenge.


Ah, yes. How true. To get over hurdles and obstacles, there are many ways. Sometimes you can jump across, if possible. Othertimes, why not just limbo under it. The important thing is to get across and get it out of sight and mind.

I need to ponder on my own hurdles in life.

Maybe I will drop her an email one of these days ... ;o)