Monday, May 03, 2004

Morning thoughts - Enjoying the moment ...

I was seriously considering the purchase of a digital voice recorder, after my piece on "Stealing from Father Time". You know, the kind that is slim and can record sounds up till 24 hours and can connect to your laptop via a USB port. Yupz, the kind that costs an arm and a leg.

The decision has been made - I am not buying.

The money involved was a slight deterrent. Afterall, yours truly being the unemployed statistics should be more careful with money since the stock market ain't doing too well either.

But really, the primary reason why I am not buying the recorder today?

Another thought crossed my mind this morning.

Am I trying too hard here?

As much as I enjoy looking back at myself through my writings and well, maybe voice recordings, up to a certain extent. I should not be too obsessed with this whole process, isn't it? Afterall, I once noted "Leave it to me to remember the moments". To even remember the moment, I should enjoy the moment first. And with a voice recorder, it serves only as a distraction to my enjoyment of the moment huh?

Yes, I should just enjoy my moments.

The pitter-patter of the rain drops.
The bustling city noises.
The peace when reading a book.
The barking of my doggy at home.
The moment of my average day.