Sunday, May 06, 2012

Unless personal, otherwise irrelevant

然后她问:disappointed with me?
我看着坐在对面的小妹妹,想着我该说什么,更想着失望到底是什么。

失望。
谁没失望过。看着她,想着她的问题,想着自己的失望。

深呼吸,说:

"My dear, any disappointment on my part is irrelevant here. Basically, what I feel is irrelevant.  First, this is not my life, not my choice. I do not bear your consequence. Secondly, my disappointment means shit if you are not disappointed with yourself. I am not going to explain what you should feel, how you should feel, why you should feel. If you are, you are. If you are not, you are not.

Just as I cannot explain what hunger feels like, how fear grips your soul, or how dark is dark; my disappointment will not make sense to you until your own gut sinks.

Am I disappointed? I know you can be better. But when you are not, and are okay with it, then I am okay with it as well. Disappointment, unless it's personal, is irrelevant."

然后,我们都静了。