Friday, April 09, 2004

Ah, it was nice to sleep in your own bed once again, in familiar surroundings. I woke up this morning really early, at 5am. I guess all that routine of waking up early for the past week in Japan had an effect, somewhat.

A quiet morning while the rest of the world is still asleep was perfect for unpacking, reading the papers and replying to emails which had piled up for the past week. It was also a good chance to ponder and think, and ahem, write down some of the fleeting thoughts from the past 2 days.

Always, whenever I travel or fly, I would try to take SQ whenever possible and whenever economically feasible. Of course, more often than not for instances when I may not fly by SQ, one reason could be that those friends I am travelling with do not want to pay for the high price premium that SQ charges.

Sometimes, I would get jibes from my friends when I fly SQ.
"Wahh, fly SQ... You are rich mah".
or "You have all the money in the world .. Of coz you can pay the 20% price premium for the seats".
I gotta clarify on this issue. If I am THAT rich, I would fly by Raffle Class, and not economy. The mere fact that I fly by economy highly suggests that I do have monetary constraints on my side as well.

Other than the obvious fact that SQ is one of the best airlines in the world. There are several reasons why I would prefer to fly SQ if possible:-
1. It is my national carrier.
2. I am a shareholder of SQ (albeit immaterial). But I guess I can always help with their load factor
3. Krisworld has gotta be the best invention in the world after the internet, spell-check & motor cars (in my ridiculous opinion). You WILL appreciate the small telly screen in front of you if you are on a flight for more than 5 hours. No doubt that the small screen does not do justice to movies at time. But it sure makes the hours fly past.
4. The Häagen-Dazs ice cream ranks a close ranking after Krisworld
5. The Singapore Girl still looks pretty good compared to other carriers' stewardess (though the X-factor seem to have dropped quite a bit)
6. That few centimeterss of leg-room extra compared to other carriers makes a world of difference to a leggy girl like me.

But you know what is the most important reason of all for flying SQ?
No other airline would ever say this on my return flight other than SQ, and it means a hell lot to me as unbelievable as it may sound (yes, I actually have emotions, although I may get crappy at times).

"... And to all fellow Singaporeans - Welcome Home".

Welcome home, they said.

Well said.

And welcome home it is ;o)